Thanks. I am familiar with the light bulb current limiter, although I must say
I hadn't thought of using it in this case. I have used it when testing PSUs,
but as this is downstream of the PSU I wonder if it would help? My bench PSU
has current limiting abilities though, so I can provide current limited
voltages within the range of the PSU. It is actually a twin PSU each with a
0-30V range, so I probably could drive the board that way.

Thanks

Rob