On Fri, Dec 1, 2023 at 4:22 AM Chuck Guzis via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 11/30/23 15:46, Van Snyder via cctalk wrote:
> > I was given a 22-inch Viewsonic monitor. The label had been scratched
> > off. It has four switchesd below the screen, labeled 1, 2, an up arrow,
> > and a down arrow.
> >
> > When I plug it in, it flashes Red, Blue, Green, White at about one-
> > second intervals. Pushing the buttons doesn't affect it.
> >
> > I haven't attached a VGA or DMI to it.
> >
> > Is it irreparably broken?
>
> Short answer--no, it's not irreparable if it's showing life.

Anything can be repaired :-) If it was made once it can be made again

> This sounds like a power supply issue, but that's just a guess.

I wondered if it was trying to set the operating voltages (g2 voltage)
of the three electron guns by turning each on in turn and measuring
the beam current. And then failing for some reason. The fact you get
all 3 primary colours suggests the CRT is good enough to do something
but maybe not good enough for this automatic set-up to work. Or more
likely there is a fault in that system.

-tony