Probably one of the pulse xformers that drives the backlights. Buy a new
monitor, they seem to be about what it would cost to repair it.

https://www.samsung.com/us/business/computing/monitors/flat/27--led-monitor-with-borderless-design-lf27t350fhnxza/

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 3, 2023, at 13:44, Van Snyder via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

I have a formerly-gorgeous 27-inch Samsung monitor:

Model LF27T350FHNXZA
Serial 0AS1HCNR904588L
S/W M-T3527FGGA-1006.1

that now has a minor defect. The "wallpaper" has a dim stripe about
1/6th of the screen width, top-to-bottom, about 1/6th from the right
edge, where the blue band appears when I run its self test. Windows
display almost normally, with a little bit of dimness in that band for
some colors. White is fine, black is gray, .... Changing the wallpaper
doesn't change it. Fiddling with its internal settings doesn't change
it. Photo at http://vandykle.mynetgear.com/Samsung-27.jpg.

Is this the sort of thing that can be repaired at reasonable cost, or
should I just live with it until the monitor fails altogether?