you may already know about these but here are a few 8051 Simulators:

https://www.electronicshub.org/8051-simulators/

And thoughts on using MAME to emulate terminals:

https://zork.net/~st/jottings/Real-VT102-emulation-with-MAME.html

Good luck.  I have a fully functional VT-330+ and a fully functional VT-220 if i can help at all.