Seems logical enough that someone at the time bought a 128K machine and stuffed
in a bunch of ram chips they may have had laying around at the time. Memory was
kind of expensive - especially new from IBM. That's totally something I would
have done at the time (and probably did, but it was likely an XT for me).

Joe