You will find many manuals for the 9825 at hpmuseum.net  there is a manual for the base machine and manuals for each of the option ROMs.  Usable tapes for the tape drive are very rare and for a 9825A there is only one option for diskettes the 9885.  A machine that says 9825A on the outside may have been upgrades to a 9825B or T, the 9825T model is the most useful as it has the maximum memory and has a lot more options for mass storage.  They are a fun machine I have had a few pass by me, but no longer have one as space constraints dictated I get rid of some of my hardware and I opted to kepp my 9835A.

Paul.

On 2024-04-11 8:54 p.m., Andre Lewis via cctalk wrote:
Howdy all!
I'm the new owner if one of the coolest "Calculators" HP ever made.
Everything generally works but I would need a new capstan (rubber is now
sticky) to use with the tape cartridge.

I am running into a hard time tracking down information on using it though,
so if anyone can help fill in some gaps, that would be great!

I'm looking for:
- A manual for HPL, the language used to calculate. Things like for loops
don't seem to work, but 'dsp' 'gto' and variable assignment do.
- Manuals for any and all of the cartridges, and how to use them
- Ideas on replacing the capstan
- Ideas on refurbing the tapes (there's a rubber band equivalent to drive
the tape on both sides, these have lost their stretch)
- Specs for the I/O, as I would love to make custom I/O for it.

I would also love to be able to create new cartridges, but I'm not willing
to sacrifice any of my existing cartridges to Reverse Engineer them.

I have the Plotter / GPIO Cartridge, the Mateix cartridge and the Strings
Advanced Programming.

Trying to track down an Assembly cartridge or any others.

Thanks! Any info is appreciated!

~ Andre