And the 1620 was a 2 decimal digit exponent with a 2 to 98 digit mantissa.
IIRC,  you could do math on two numbers with different length mantissas.  You
could watch a division with a long mantissa crank through.

integer multiplication/division on numbers up to almost 10,000 decimal digits,
and addition/subtraction on two numbers up to almost half of total memory (max
of just under 30,000 decimal digits each).

<pre>--Carey</pre>