On Fri, May 10, 2024, 3:38 PM Fred Cisin via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> Microsoft had to pay $120 million, and Stac had to pay $13.6 million.
> But Microsoft also settled some claims out of court with a $39.9 million
> dollar investment in Stac, and paid $43 million in royalties.
> Yes, billg had a bad day.  comparable to my losing $100

I was going to say, if it was only $100K then old Billy Boy would've
laughed all the way out of court and on the way home.

I remember the Stac lawsuit. It was just another company actually doing
innovation whose technology Microschlock tried to appropriate in its
typically and despicably underhanded ways. Stac was one of the few (only?)
companies to come out pretty well after "partnering" with MS.

Sellam