But, Bill, maybe you did influence at least one student or more when you
showed them the PDP or VAX. Perhaps we don't know who, but we have to keep
believing that we are influencing someone somewhere. The fact that you are 73
(Jon also said he is in his 70s) and your passion is rock solid is an excellent
attestation that those who love computers are unique and will always do so. We
don't need every techie to be involved, only the passionate ones. Josh is deep
into classic computers in his thirties, as he said. Sellam joined the group in
his twenties, thirty years ago.  Many of us are of different ages. I am in my
fifty and touched the first computer key on a keyboard in 78. This group maybe
one of the last mailing lists standing about classical computer. To be
specific: I saw a lot of Discord channels on retro computers but they all lack
true experienced folks who actually worked on such machines.   I guess the most
important thing is for that special geek out there is to be aware of this
distribution and make sure to keep it running

Regards,
Tarek Hoteit
AI Consultant, PhD
+1 360-838-3675