I was given a Remex RRS3300RB5/550/DRA/S358 back around 1999.  This 300cps
machine uses a capstan and brake instead of a sprocket.  The 180ips spooler is
AC motors, triacs, brakes, tension arms loaded with microswitches (including a
discrete differentiator), six relays, and a soft-start ramp.  In spite of the
ramp, the spooler was murderous, snapping tape after tape.  After some
modifications and adjustments I got it working pretty well, but I don't like
that I had to change it.

I never found a manual, and it has always bugged me.  Does anyone here have
anything?

I have a manual for the RRS3301 which has a similar reader section but the
spooler (my sore spot) is completely different.
I have a manual for the RTS3300 S239 which is a custom-mod to fit in GE CNC
systems of the time.  It has no reader electronics, and a spooler that shows
common ancestry but again it's not like mine.

Thanks,
Dave Wise in Hillsboro Oregon

To be specific, I made two changes and found a set of resistor settings that
treats the tape gently.
The changes are (a) eliminate continuous takeup during the startup ramp, (b)
block the transition to full speed.  The soft start board simply ramps up to
maximum and stays there.
I made it easy to back these changes out if I ever find out how to make the
instrument behave in stock trim.

What is my 358 custom mod?