In the meantime, set up price lists, and means for contacting survivors. And compete over who will charge the least to haul it all away.

When I die, my sister has a list of email addresses, including this list and a few individuals. Show up with a truck, and make sure that she sees that you also have a broom, a mop, and a shop-vac. Then quote the best price for the "clean-out". If the auction starts to get into positive numbers, offer brass musical instruments. Chuck will have a MAJOR edge at that point (Who could possibly compete with tubas?). (she plays French Horn, Alp-horn, and any other "brass" instrument, and I have even seen her with a left-handed floogle horn.)

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred                 ci...@xenosoft.com