> Cats eye don't tend to work well with digital sampling scopes unless they
> have a large sweep buffer and can keep the high speed sample rates at a slow
> sweep speed of a single full revolution. I don't know of any cheap ones that
> don't change the sample rate with the sweep rate.

Even our older Tek DSO does poorly with the analog alignment patterns...not
just the "cat's eye" radial alignment pattern, but also the azimuth bars. Index
burst is "good enough" on it and sometimes the ability to introduce large,
precise trigger delays makes it the more suitable tool (like for some
alignments where we don't have the correct, factory-specified AAD and have to
calculate the index offset).

The old Tek 465 does excellent though :P

Thanks,
Jonathan