On 8/11/19 6:58 AM, Charles via cctech wrote:
Anyway. I did a bit more Googling and discovered that plain water dissolves the PVA goop just fine. No need to use a lot of expensive alcohol which seems to be a less effective solvent anyway!

Last Christmas, I removed the old PVA from a DEC VR201 for a Rainbow 100. On the advice of a website that I found, I bought butyl acetate and a long needle syringe for injecting it deep into the PVA.

However, after I removed the seal around the glass/tube, the glass practically fell off and most of the PVA came off in a sheet. I had some electronics grade isopropyl alcohol around anyway and I used that to do a final clean of everything before reassembly and reseal.

So, if anyone in the Seattle area needs a bottle of butyl acetate ...

alan