Internationally, this model of decision making is widely practiced,
especially when dealing with ad-interim decisions. Usually this is done when
a decision is made not through a general meeting or a general voting, and
the party(es) issuing that decision only posses partial authority to enforce
the content of that decision.

For the everyday example,  the governance of student organization in school
is usually done that way.
The president of the student body can declare that every monday all students
are required to wear white socks. He/she is allowed to make such
declaration, yet does not have full authority to enforce it. So that kind of
decision is usually declared saying something like "I decided that it will
be a very good thing to practice discipline in our school. Thus starting
next month, on every monday all students must wear white socks. If anyone
objects to this decision, please file your objection to the student body
office within the end of this month"

And if there's no objection, at the end of the month the president can say
"Because there is no objection, starting next monday, everyone have to wear
white socks on every monday". By doing this, the claim of authority has went
unchallenged and placed into effect.

I believe that's exactly what your ccNSO Council is doing.

Regards,

Irwan Effendi