----- Forwarded message from Stephan Welzel/Denic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: Stephan Welzel/Denic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:31:15 +0100
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
        Nigel Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [cctld-discuss] [centr-ga] Question on Accountability Frameworks

Hi Eberhard,

Well, according to the ccNSO Rules I just learnt about, it was the fact
that there were no objections moved it from "INTERIM" to "CAST IN STONE"
status ;)

In fact, this seems to be a recurring problem: While I (and apparently you
as well) would like to see explicit votes with explicit majorities in
favour to pass something, ICANN and some ccNSO members seem to prefer
rules according to which something is passed unless there are objections.
The difference, of course, is that under the latter system silence equals
consent - albeit we all know that being silent oftentimes means simply not
having dealt with the issue rather than consenting.

Best,
Stephan

----- End forwarded message -----