On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 10:32:48PM +0100, Johannes von Rotz wrote:
> On 29.01.2015 19:21, Stephan Marwedel wrote:
> > I tried to build CDE from the latest repository on NetBSD 6.1.5 amd64
> > according the instructions in the Wiki to no avail. The reason for the
> > problem seems to be my installation of X11. I did install NetBSD without
> > X11 (native Xorg) and later added the X11 installation using pkgsrc
> > (modular Xorg). The X11 installation root is not /usr/X11R7 as the CDE
> > build process apparently assumes, bur rather /usr/pkg.
>
> Well, maybe you just didn't symlink the include directory of the X11
> headers correctly?
>
> "/usr/pkg" sounds like the prefix for building the X11 binaries or
> something, not the actual installation prefix. Although I do not know
> the ports/packaging system of NetBSD. It seems silly to put X
> binaries/libs/headers in a non-standard place just for the heck of it..?
> (And by standard I mean /usr/{bin,lib,include,...} or
> /usr/X11*/{bin,lib,include,...}.
@Johannes:
Having used NetBSD in the past, I've seen what they do.

pkgsrc is (typically) installed in /usr/pkgsrc; *all* packages it builds
are installed with prefix=/usr/pkg.

@Stephan:
When preparing for the build (making the "imports" link), does
s/X11R7/pkg/ do enough, or do you need more changes?

HTH,
Isaac Dunham