Hi,

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 8:09 PM, Danilo Schöneberg
<danilo.schoeneb...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2) researching integration of some modern technologies (like automount of
> devices, udev, sound systems)

If you do this, please keep in mind that the "C" in CDE stands for
"Common". At least udev is a Linux-only thing as far as I remember,
and we don't want to end up with yet another LDE, do we? In regards of
automounting, personally I prefer to stick with the solutions provided
by the OS, i.e. autofs on Solaris and amd on FreeBSD. Linux probably
has something similar. I don't see a big advantage in integrating it
on the CDE layer. The functionality provided by the OS is working well
enough for me. YMMV.

Kind regards,

Martin Etteldorf