I have been able to generate the message catalogs, application defaults, action definitions

and miscellaneous configuration files for simplified Chinese (zh_CN) Japanese (ja_JP.eucjp) and Korean

(ko_KR.euckr). The resulting files are there

https://github.com/edorig/cde-utf8

with the shell scripts to produce/install them.

Using the japanese and simplified Chinese locales, I have encountered a bug that causes a SIGSEGV

in dtcm. GDB indicates that the invalid access occurs in

cm_mbchar (str=str@entry=0x0) at misc.c:642 (that is cde/programs/dtcm/dtcm/misc.c)

The cause is that str being a NULL pointer, the local char pointer string is left initialized at NULL,

and testing for *string='\0' causes the SIGSEGV.  But the bug may be earlier, calling cm_mbchar

with a NULL parameter.