On 12/10/21 7:09 PM, Peter Howkins wrote:

On Fri, 10 Dec 2021 at 21:36, Jon Trulson <j...@radscan.com <mailto:j...@radscan.com>> wrote:

    Hi,

    I've just pushed the dtinfo work and the C guides.  What a fun 10
    days that was.

Well done, that was an epic job on some hairy code.

Thanks... it was a big job.

One thing I found out is that some of the languages, like DE, IT, etc do support some of the guides.  Buildingthese was disabled early on in the port to linux because dtinfo was not operational at the time.

When dtinfo did become operational, we never re-enabled building guides for those locales.  I tried getting those working but there are some issues with language locale translation (I think) that causes complaints about perfectly reasonable german characters in the DE locale for example.  So - those could be made to work eventually in the future I think.  But for now, we are at least at parity with 2.4.0 WRT dtinfo and the guides.

-jon

Peter

--
Peter Howkins