On 7/27/22 14:52, Chase via cdesktopenv-devel wrote:
I made a second attempt at this and made the configure script detect which library has md5, this manages to work for dtcm and dtmail, it should be much more portable than before. I don't think that ~1300 LOC that we no longer have to maintain is a small gain, there is already a huge amount of code to maintain, if someone else is working on an exact copy and distributing it as a library it only makes sense to use theirs.

But are you willing to go through the wikis for each OS and update them with the names of the proper packages that need to be installed?

-jon

Thank you for your time,
-Chase

Sent with Proton Mail <https://proton.me/> secure email.

Jon Trulson

  "The less you know, the more you believe."
                           -- Bono