Hello,

Okay, it turned out that it was not rpcgen itself, but some system setting
around the alternatives of CPP. Not entirely clear why, but after running
`update-alternatives --config cpp` the problem disappeared.
Details in this SF ticket: https://sourceforge.net/p/cdesktopenv/tickets/160/

- TCH

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.