Hi Egon,

I also support Nina's idea:
- CDKException should be a root of all other CDK-specific exceptions.
- The use of self-explanatory exceptions like NoSuchAtomTypeException is
very welcomed, but in case there is no proper exception, throwing
CDKException+message is fine.
- Using IllegalArgumentException in proper context is absolutely fine.
JavaDoc should mention that this exception is thrown when passed
arguments do not meet certain constraints.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry