Actually I misread what you originally quoted.  I'm not sure why (if it is)
the listeners that're causing a problem.  I still can't figure out whether
it's a genuine Thread collision, or if it's an iterator having an
addition/removal somewhere.  The stack trace seems to point to the
listeners however.