Since my longer answer was rejected by my mail server, Zach and I are
continuing the discussion without the list for now
From: Zach Charlop-Powers [zach.charlop.pow...@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 January 2018 20:10
To: Emma SCHYMANSKI
Cc: cdk-user@lists.sourceforge.net; Williams, Antony
Subject: Re: [Cdk-user] Combinatorially Expand R groups

Emma,

I'm planning on using R as well.....  If you've already got some code that
could get me started I would happily kick the tires. The main thing I am
concerned about for SMILES is unintentionally altering the structure of the
compound but for simple R groups. Most of the time this shouldn't be mucah of
an issue and you've already part of the way there if you've been generating and
vetting compounds with your code.

​Thank You,
zach cp​

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 12:36 PM, Emma SCHYMANSKI