Yes, by design and matches the InChI behaviour.

CC1=C(C)C=C1
InChI=1S/C6H8/c1-5-3-4-6(5)2/h3-4H,1-2H3
InChIKey=QNZUSULCBOVZRK-UHFFFAOYSA-N

CC1=CC=C1C
InChI=1S/C6H8/c1-5-3-4-6(5)2/h3-4H,1-2H3
InChIKey=QNZUSULCBOVZRK-UHFFFAOYSA-N

Instead of looking at aromaticity (a whole can of worms) conjugated double
bonds in rings are allowed to move irrespective of their aromatic
status (conjugate
equivalence). Since SMILES/InChI are primarily meant for information
retrieval it's useful to get one from the other. If you need further
refinement you can do a post match check. We *could* add an option that
only allows bonds marked as aromatic to migrate. A better example is
something like this:

If you want to force differences, define the stereochemistry on the double
bonds. This says "don't move this double bond", again matching the InChI.

- John