J. Pat Geis wrote:
Sirs/Madams:
A few weeks ago I received a solicitation for the latest edition of Open
Office. While I keep up to date online and I do contribute money from
time to time, I felt that this was an offer from you to have the disks.
The solicitation said that all that I needed to pay was $2.98 postage. I
paid this by Discover Credit Card.
Last month I received a 4 disk set of something that I will never use;
it is not Open Office. Furthermore, I was double billed for postage on
my credit card: $5.96 on 3/07/11, and I was double billed for the
program: $59.96 on 2/21/11.
I have been calling Streamlite continuously and I only receive a
recording that all operators are busy.
What is your suggestion to get this resolved?
Thank you,
J.P. Geis, 705 Brown Street, Santa Rosa, CA 95404-5018 707-523-3012

Pat,

Sorry to say that you have been scammed. Your only option is to contact your credit card company and file a complaint stating the facts, to have the charges reversed.

OOo does not sell CDs, though there is a list of people that do sell the disk.

Please reply only to the list.