Gregory  wrote:
My name is Gregory Jones and I am a young entrepreneur who prefer to use
open Office software over Microsoft for many reasons for my business. I
am currently working on a business package to put together for other
entrepreneur and small business owner. I would like to know would it be
possible to get some distribution copies of Open Office to add into the
business package I am creating. If anymore information or Proposal are
needed feel free to email me back immediately at my personal email

Thanks for your interest in OpenOffice.org, Gregory.

You can download any copies that you need from www.OpenOffice.org . The license that OOo is released under not only allows distribution is it encourages it. If you wish to be an "official distributor" then follow the information below.

Please go to the main OpenOffice.org website:

 www.openoffice.org

At the top right, create yourself a User Name & Password.
Please make sure that you quote your 'primary' e-mail address, or if you have created a special one for OO.org - eg.
anycompany.o...@email.net

Now proceed as follows:
On the home page:
Double click the Downloads button .
Scroll down till you see the sub section 'Other'
Double click CD-ROMs.
This will bring you to the BLUE BUTTON.

Under Mailing lists, make sure that you are subscribed to  :
                     announce@distrib .....
                     dev@distrib   ......
                     cdrom@distrib ......

Once you have received the automated confirmation of subscription, you know that you will receive all messages from these links.

Please note that Openoffice.org DO NOT send out CD's.
The act of producing the cd's and leaflets etc. for distribution is the Community Distributors contribution to ' Spreading the word'. You may if you wish make a nominal charge for the cds, and this is explained within the mission statements etc. If you wish to be listed as a Distributor on the OO.o site, you can apply, but please note that it may take a little while to activate.

e-bay
If you intend to 'market' the cd's on e-bay there are certain conditions that you must conform to, and you will find these at:
http://distribution.openoffice.org/ebay_page.html

You can download the latest version for win32, or browse for linux and other alternatives if you need them, by going back a page and clicking on the Download button (GREEN).

There are options for a download with,or without Java, suggest you take
the one with.
This may save you, or your 'customers' a second download from Java link,if
they do not have it on their machine.

SAVE the download, and this will then write to disc.

Look out for the links to disc templates, flyers, specification sheets
etc.

All web link buttons etc are available, just read through the mission
statements etc. and you can then follow the links for more info.

If you are also building, you may also like to consider registering as
o.e.m. suppliers (?)

If so, in addition to the above, subscribe to:
o...@distribution.openoffice.org

Come back if you have any problems.

All the best