Hi,

I'm not completely sure what you want, but let's see:

> like:
> (cat $FILES_ON_ZIP1; ...) | mkisofs --special-file "file" | cdrecord
                                                            ^

You have several zips (about 6) and you want *no* iso-image file in between.

So mkisofs and especially cdrecord will just stop burning and wait until you
will have changed the zip-media?

I would say: no way.

What you *can* do is multi-sessions.

make a directory like "burn" and link the zipdrive to burn/ZIP1

Then run mkisofs and cdrecord for multisession (see README.multi in cdrecord
documentation). look at "-C" and "-M" option for mkisofs and "-multi" and
"-msinfo" for cdrecord in the man pages as well.

Then change the zip media and link it to burn/ZIP2, burn it multi session,
and so on to the last. The multisession will use up some 40MB or so and you
will not fit 6 full  zip media to one CD anymore.

This will generate a multisession CD with all zip-data on it in the dirs
ZIP[1234..]

K.-H.