Hi,

I have a question: If I read a CD image, I use the following command:

                dd if=/dev/scd0 of=<some image file>

I know, there is the "readcd" command. In which cases should I use
the readcd command instead of dd? Or should I avoid principally
the usage of the dd command? The usage of dd is a lot faster then
the usage of readcd.

Regards

Joachim Backes

--

Joachim Backes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       | Univ. of Kaiserslautern
Computer Center, Supercomputing Division     | Phone: +49-631-205-2438