> On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Pye, Adam wrote:
>> DAO mode without any success.  The WAV files were extracted "exactly" and
>> are not "padded" to the sector size (2352 bytes) to avoid any "clicks" at
>> the end of each track.

The unfamous "click" you are probably thinking of are the two full sectors
which contain garbage between the wav-tracks if the CDR is written in TAO
mode.

I never had clicks with analog source (via soundcard) which didn't obey the
sector size obviously. And  I used cdrecord and "-pad".

>> the purpose of DAO mode (I don't want 1/74th of a second of silenct b/t
>> tracks), so I was wondering if there's a way to do this.

But if you insist, how about:

converting all to raw files (*.raw)
cat *.raw > NEWBIGFILE.RAW
and make a nice toc-file for cdrdao.

You will not have the track-border on the exact borders of the previous wav
files. But Within 1/74 s of that -- that should be good enough (and a
CD-Player simply can't be more precise about it). There will be now extra
data added between the tracks.

K.-H.