> Quick question. Is plexwriter 12/10/32s (plextor part number
> PX-W1210TSE/SW) supported by cdrecord? This is a new ultrascsi cd
> burner, I need to buy an external model. The part number is not listed
> as supported on the cdrecord web site. I need to make sure that I can
> use it on Linux or Solaris before purchasing such an expensive piece
> of hardware ..

It works just fine with cdrdao (with one additional line added to the drivers
definition, duplicating the specs for the 12/10/32 ATAPI drive).  I can't
recall for sure whether I've tested it with cdrecord (I've been too busy
to burn many CDs since I bought the drive), but I have every reason
to believe that it'll work with the current release of cdrecord without
any problems.

I'm very impressed with the burn quality of this drive.  Even using cheap
CD-R media, and burning at 12x, the discs have been much more acceptable
to my old Panasonic portable audio-CD player than the discs I'd been burning
in my Ricoh MP6201S (at 2x, on high-quality media).