[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >From: Bas van den Heuvel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >I'm having problems making an audio cd in DAO mode with cdrecord.
> >It's working fine with cdrdao or cdrwin (under wine).
>
> Your drive does not support DAO (SAO) write mode.

The Ricoh MP620x drives definitely do support DAO mode (not
SAO, though).  As the poster noted, the drive works very well
indeed with cdrdao, which uses DAO mode.  I've done somewhere
around 50 DAO transcriptions of my old LPs on one of these
drives, using cdrdao.

>From what I recall, the Ricoh drives require the use of the
MMC raw-mode write feature (I forget the exact terminology)
to write DAO mode.  cdrdao has a driver for this mode, cdrecord
doesn't yet have one.

The Ricoh drives don't support SAO mode, unfortunately, which
makes it difficult/impossible to do certain enhanced audio CDs.