Has anyone found a brand of the little "business card" CD-R
blanks which works with a Plextor 12/10/32 burner?

I've tried two brands (cdrecord reads out "King Pro Mediatek Inc."
for one and "Lead Data" for the other).  My Plextor burner won't
accept either one - cdrecord reports an I/O error (seek failure)
during the OPC command (or, if I disable the OPC, during the attempt
to start writing track 1).  The burn doesn't even start... the
discs remain blank.

I asked Plextor about this, and was told that this burner should
accept the mini discs, and to try a different brand.

I tried burning several of these discs on an HP burner, using
two different versions of the LinuxCare "bootable business card"
(a Linux rescue kit).  The burns of the older 1.2 version were
successful.  A burn of the newer 1.5 version (a few MB larger)
succeeded on the Link Pro Mediatek blank, and failed during
fixation on the Lead Data blank (the leadout was written, but
the leadin/TOC was not).

My guess is that the manufacturers of these discs are actually
overstating the useful capacity of the disc somewhat.  If you
try to burn the full specified capacity of the disc plus the
standard leadout, the track "falls off the edge" of the disc.
This would account for the fixation failure on the Lead Data disc.

It might, I think, also account for the refusal of the Plextor
drives to burn these discs at all.  I have a hunch that the Plextor
firmware is trying to perform a sanity check on the disc... it's
seeking out to where it expects the worst-case leadout area to
end, isn't able to find it, and reports a failure.  Plextor has
a policy of not supporting overburning (as it's outside of the
standard).

So - has anyone found a source for a type of these blanks which
actually burn reliably in a Plextor?