> The problem is that only the first scsi bus is reported by executing
> cdrecord -scanbus, which makes it difficult to use cdrecord with
> xcdroast when the CD-R is not on the first bus.  The machine has an
> Adaptec 2940 as scsi0, an Adaptec 2940uw as scsi1 and ide-scsi
> emulation for an ATAPI CD-R as scsi2.  =

Perhaps you run out of /dev/sg* devices?
You have awful lot devices found...and some linux-distributions only
provider 8 /dev/sg devices. For each device recognized you need an
extra /dev/sg device. So go ahead and create 32 of them and try again.

Good luck,

Thomas

  ___ ___
 /   |   \  ___________   | REAL   : Thomas Niederreiter: Munich, Germany
/    ~    \/  _ \_  __ \  | EMAIL  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
\    Y    (  <_> )  | \/  | MUD/IRC: Hor/_Hor
       \/ All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power
                      -- Ashleigh Brilliant