[Quoting James Pearson, on April 5 2001, 17:42, in "Re: Directory loop"]
> Try editing out the exit(1); and try again.
>
> Or, you could try the new '-no-cache-inodes' option, although I
> don't know if it works with directories.

This doesn't solve the main problem: if an entry in the path list is a
symlink to a directory, it is traversed. But in my situation the path
list contains a list of _files_ (not pathspecs), and it must be stored
as a symlink.

-- Johan