>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sun Jun 17 16:14:20 2001

>So sprach [EMAIL PROTECTED] am Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 03:51:15PM +0200:
>> Which cannot be used as 'which' is a csh script.
>> It will fail if the user has no .cshrc which sets a CSH more alias.

>?

>[askwar@teich askwar]$ file $(which which)
>/usr/bin/which: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
>dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

>Ie. it's a binary - at least here.

There may be other implementations. The standard implementation is a csh script.
.... and this is the only CSH script on UNIX.

>> In addition: you are right, There are millions of UNIX systems without
>>      'less' installed.

>How many linux installation are out there?  And how many UNIX installations=
>?=20
>I *SUSPECT* linux > Unix, so your comment isn't right.  Do you have numbers
>to prove me wrong?

>From current numbers, it may be ~ 1:1

But as it looks that there are Linux installations without less, it makes
sense to believe that there are more systems without less than with.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling