Alexander Skwar wrote:
> > Yes, $PAGER sounds better yet than less. Personally I use less as $PAGER
> > but I know people that uses emacs, mc, joe...
>
> But PAGER isn't always set.  If PAGER isn't set (as it's probably most often
> the case on Linux systems), I'd use less since this is the standard in
> Linux.  Now, if even less isn't available, I'd fall back to the least common
> demoniator being "more".  This is the way it seems to work on linux at what
> users expect.

This is not the case of the Debian distribution, less isn't part of base
system,
a user will need to install it by hand.

Maybe a simple check if the $PAGER variable exists and trying "which
less" and
"which more" (as last resource) could be the enought...

--
Gleydson Mazioli da Silva

* O que não tem solução, solucionado está.