>From: "Hermes, Stefan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I don't think bash has been around at 1982, what J=F6rg refers to
>is /bin/sh on at least Solaris 1 (SunOS), Sinix and AT&T Unix (being
>the only Systems that old I have access to)

in 1982 there only was sh and csh.

In 1984 we got "ksh" and my "bsh" which where the first shells with cursur
editable interactive history.

IIRC bash started in 1992.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling