I have a Yamaha CRW4416S SCSI CD-RW drive which is displaying some
odd behavior.  The CD-RW drive will not read CD-R media.  It will read
regular CD-ROMs and CD-RW media and play audio CDs.  However, when I try
to mount a filesystem on a CD-R, I get I/O errors and a failure to find
the filesystem.

The drive is a few years old, so I fear it may be showing its age.
I have tried to clean it using a cleaning disc and canned air.

Does anyone have any experience with behavior like this?

Thanks.

--
Mike

:wq