>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mon Jul 23 21:44:17 2001

>> RTFM ;-)

>Ummm... as of cdrtools 1.11a06, the "c2scan" option is not
>documented in the man page for "readcd", or any of the other
>man pages, or in any of the AN* announcement files.  The
>only place it's mentioned, as far as I can tell, is in the
>"readcd --help" output.

>Hence, "RTFM" is an answer which really doesn't apply in this
>case, since TFM doesn't have anything to R!

>Now, you could have said "Use the Source, Luke!" and it would
>have applied well enough ;-)

And may the source be always with you ...

Here is the new part of the man page:

     -c2scan
          Scans the whole  CD  or  the  range  specified  by  the
          sectors=range  for C2 errors. C2 errors are errors that
          are uncorrectable after the second stage of the 24/28 +
          28/32  Reed  Solomon  correction  system at audio level
          (2352 bytes sector size). If an audio CD has C2 errors,
          interpolation  is  needed to hide the errors. If a data
          CD has C2  errors,  these  errors  are  in  most  cases
          corrected by the ECC/EDC code that makes 2352 bytes out
          of 2048 data bytes. The ECC/EDC code should be able  to
          correct about 100 C2 error bytes per sector.