>From: ERSEK Laszlo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Cdrecord 1.9 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Jörg Schilling
>scsidev: '0,0,0'
>scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
>Linux sg driver version: 2.1.38
>Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
>Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
>Version        : 0
>Response Format: 1
>Vendor_info    : 'LG      '
>Identifikation : 'CD-RW CED-8080B '
>Revision       : '1.06'
>Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.

Which is a bit old....

>I can burn 650 and 700 M CD-Rs (8x) and CD-RW-s (4x) without any problems.
>Recently I bought 3 Eurodata CD-Rs, 870 MB (99 minutes) each.
>I tried to burn them like this: (I tried the last one at 4x)

>$ mkisofs -v -J -r -print-size -graft-points /=/mnt/winpart/transport/
>[...]
>Total extents scheduled to be written = 438188

Close to no recorder is able to write disks > 89:59/74 because the time
that follows is defined to be negative!

The time between 90:00/00 and 99:59/75 is the space _before_ the start of the disk.

I would not suggest to use disks > 80 Minute for any kind of data storage
as they are most likely not reliable and definitely not readable by all drives.
If you really like to use > 90 disks, first do some testing:

1) Always start testing with audio as it is less sensitive to firmware properties.

2) Test whether your writer will write a < 90 Minute CD correctly.
        Test with several different audio players ...

2a) If not, try cdrecord -raw to write the CD. As in this case cdrecord and not the
        drives's firmware will produce the sub channel data it is more likely to work.

3) If < 90 minute work, try a 99 minute CD - if needed in -raw (I would guess that most
        drives will need -raw for >= 90 minute).

If it works, be happy ;-)

If you need RAW and like to write data CD's, wait until cdrecord with RAW data support
will be released.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling