Thanks for the help from three of you on usage of IDE CD RW on Redhat. I now
able to write some files using 'cdrecord dev=0,0,0 *' . The files include
some tar files and gz files.

I have faced three problems with it.
1. I am not able to use the burned CD in normal PC CDROM. I am able to see
the contents and copy them. I get CE errors while opening the tar files and
gz files. Where as if I mount the CDROM on the same Redhat, I am able to see
the files and use them also. I read in it in cdrecord man page that it
cannot be used on non CD RW drives. Is it true? or is there any alternative.
This is one of my requirement to read the CD in other PCs.

2. If I use mkisofs like 'mkisofs -R -o cdimage.raw *', and later mount them
using 'mount cdimage.raw -r -t iso9660 -o loop /mnt', I get all the files in
all sub dirs listed in one place. I can't see my directory structure. I read
the man pages of cdrecord or mkisofs and it was mentioned about it. But is
there any way out for this?

3. Is there any possibility to blank out a CDROM after writing it or can use
it for read/write like Direct CD software in PCs can provide this facility.
There I can use a CDR like a floppy, but only in CD RW drives. If I wanted
to use it in non CD RW drives, I close the CD and there after I can't write
on to it. Is there any tool like this in Redhat?

Kind Regards
Naidu Chiriki
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]