:
I want to determine the fastest speed I can write a CD -R which I'm hoping
can be determined from the atip output for "Indicated writing power".
Not having access to a specification, I have sample disks indicating a
speeds up to 16x, but the atip output indicates a writing power: of 7.
--
| Kenneth A. Manley             | Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     |

My experience has been that I can specify speeds greater than that
allowed by the media or drive, and cdrecord will automatically  back
off to the max speed allowed. It's not clear what your concerns about
the Indicated writing power are.

--
Frank Hage  [EMAIL PROTECTED]