Danilo Godec wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

>>On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 09:03:31AM +0100, Danilo Godec wrote:
>>
>>>Is there a simple way to check an ISO image for consistency? To check
>>>whether an ISO image is complete and all files are where they are supposed
>>>to be?
>>>
>>Mount it with the loopback device (fbk on solaris ??) and check the
>>contents.
>>

> I can mount ISO image even if it's not complete. I can do 'du' or 'ls'
> anywhere on the image... So I need to do more, something like:
>
> cd /image_mountpoint ; tar czf - . | tar tzvf -
>
> This should do the trick, right?

I guess you could use checksums, but I've done the following, although
it's tedious:

mount -t iso9660 -o loop /tmp/some.iso /tmpmnt

cd /mnt/cdrom # original disk iso was created from

for fn in $(find . -print); do

        cmp $fn /tmpmnt/$fn > /dev/null || print $fn invalid
done

--
Until later: Geoffrey           [EMAIL PROTECTED]