On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Miguel Figueiredo wrote:

> How often you get errors when you check the data with md5sums?

Almost never with production systems. I just started using a 20x burner
and had some errors with InMac 24x media until I dropped to 16x, but I
have burned hundreds of CDs without error, so I take cdrecord as dead
stable. No errors at 20x with other media, not enough testing to say for
sure, so I won't mention the brand.

> Today I burned a bunch of Cd's with no errors... The errors that I am getting
> maybe normal and/or inevitable. Could a success rate be established for
> cdrecord or is more correct to say that the success rate is related to the
> cd-rw drive itself?

I have faith in cdrecord, although there are lots of little things I would
change in the user interface. I just haven't had problems with the
software.

                -- rob bogus