From: Len Sorensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Burnfree option
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:23:15 -0500

Hi,

 what I heard one time was, that if burnfree is triggered by a buffer
 underrun (which cause the laser beam to pause), a small (very small)
 gap is produced after the beam is switched on afterwards.

 A "master" produced that way cannot be used as a real master for
 professional mass production.

 For any other usage it is as good as others.

 If one would ask me:
 I prefer a not-so-absolutely-pefect but working burned CD in opposite
 to coasters....

 May be I am not a purist... ;O)

 keep hacking!
 Meino