My /etc/mtab is a real file, not a link. I am doing
the mount by specifying the loop option in the
/etc/fstab file. Here is my fstab line:

/opt/insiteone/jbsim/sim0/reader01     /mnt/cdsim1
iso9660 noauto,loop,users 0 0

So I shouldn't have to worry about calling the
"losetup -d". I did try adding the -d to the umount
command but it had no effect either.

--- Matthias Riese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>