It looks like there was a problem with the ATAPI->SCSI adapter that came
with my drive.  (Yamaha doesn't exactly have a SCSI drive, they have an
adapter you plug into the F1 that's natively ATAPI.)

Anyways, I removed the adapter and plugged my drive into the the IDE
controller.  It seems to work well with ide-scsi emulation.  I'll have to
get in touch with Yamaha support about the adapter.

In the meantime, I'd like to play around with this [EMAIL PROTECTED] feature.  Is
there any more documentation out there regarding [EMAIL PROTECTED] with cdrecord?
All I could find was what posted on this list.  Specifically this thread
via Google groups (be careful line wrap):

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=al0sui%24273i%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fas_epq%3DDiskT%25402%26as_oq%3Dcdrecord%26safe%3Dimages%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26lr%3Dlang_en%26hl%3Den

I followed those intructions to create a properly sized image, flipped it,
and stripped the header ...  and nothing seemed to happen:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# cdrecord dev=1,0,0 -v driveropts=tatoofile=/tmp/test.tattoo
-checkdrive
Cdrecord 2.0 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jrg Schilling
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
scsidev: '1,0,0'
scsibus: 1 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
Using libscg version 'schily-0.7'
Driveropts: 'tatoofile=/tmp/test.tattoo'
atapi: 1
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 2
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   : SYNC
Vendor_info    : 'YAMAHA  '
Identifikation : 'CRW-F1E         '
Revision       : '1.0d'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE AUDIOMASTER FORCESPEED DISKTATTOO
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R96R
Drive buf size : 7469952 = 7294 KB

Could I be having problems with my drive or am I missing something in
using this?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Regards
Vince