All,

I would like to know if anybody has tried burning
CD/DVD in linux on a drive with IEEE1394(firewire)
interface and if it has been tried with cdrecord-proDVD.

I am thinking of using cdrecord-proDVD on Mandrake 9.0
and the burner is a Pioneer DVD A-04 with IDE to IEEE1394
convertor in front. I wish to know how IEEE1394 works on
linux in general and with CD/DVD writers having IEEE1394
interface.

Any response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ashish