Hi all,

as Andy and Matthias have pointed out, Linux can mount different
sessions, even at the same time. However, this does not address
my following concerns:
- no sessions with growisofs + DVD+RW (right? at least it only worked
  for me with CD-R)
- no platform independent accesss to the backup
- without some kind of patch gruft deleted before my latest
  backup is restored when copying back the latest session

So I'll continue to use my modified mkisofs, but I won't argue
for its inclusion in mainline mkisofs unless other users also
find it useful.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly